[xubuntu-users] New laptop running v 13.04 - and wifi

Paul Cartwright pbcartwright at gmail.com
Sat Jul 13 11:22:43 UTC 2013

>>  > Does your hardware have a hardware button to activate the wifi
>> adapter?
>>  > My hardware does!
>>  >
>> Should have thought of that. I will check. It could be that simple.
>>
>> Neil
>>
> OK, so I have now checked it out, and it was indeed as simple as that.
> The wifi was switched off!! It is now working fine.
>
> I wonder why a new laptop comes with that switched off. No I am not
> making excuses, just wondering. I should have thought of that.
>
> Neil

oh, oops, what, you didn't read the manual???<G> we all read the manual
thoroughly before firing up a new toy, er laptop, right?? I have never
had one with a switch like that ( all Dell laptops here) but my daughter
had one.. HP I think.. I have run linux ( all flavors) on all my Dell
laptops. The biggest issue I had was with Debian and the wireless
drivers that had to be installed at boot time, it was always a pain!
IPW2200 I think they were..

--
Paul Cartwright