[xubuntu-users] New laptop running v 13.04 - and wifi

Neil Winchurst neilwin at drofle.co.uk
Fri Jul 12 16:57:34 UTC 2013

My old laptop had not trouble with wifi, running Xubuntu 12.04.
Unfortunately it has died on me. I have just received my replacement
machine and I am setting it up. This time I am using version 13.04.

Mostly it is going well, but for some reason it is not seeing any wifi
at all. Is there something different with this new version that I don't
know about?

In both cases I installed with a cable link to the router. Afterwards
with the old machine I simply started it up without the cable link and
if found the wifi no problem. I just had to put in the password.

When I tried this with the new one it simply did not find any wifi at
all. Can anyone help please?

Thanks

Neil