[xubuntu-users] Weird change to video

Peter Flynn peter at silmaril.ie
Sun Jul 7 20:54:35 UTC 2013

I have been running xubuntu on an old Dell Optiplex 170L for years,
currently 13.04, and it's been excellent.

Suddenly, in one of the last upgrades in the last few days, video panes
in web pages (Chrome and Firefox) are now all split in two side-by-side,
with the left-hand side showing a two-colour (green and purple)
compression of the image, and the right-hand half showing a set of
staggered bars.

Before I go digging in the update logs, does anyone have a clue as to
which component might be responsible?

And is there a way to list all packages recently updated in
chronological order? I can't see one in the man pages for apt

///Peter