[xubuntu-users] Blank and/or black screen when switching users...

Elizabeth Krumbach Joseph lyz at ubuntu.com
Sun Jul 7 20:44:57 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 5:29 PM, PGillespie <vermontpoet at gmail.com> wrote:

> Was researching this apparent bug and noticed it was first described, in
> Xubuntu, way back in 2007.

Can you link to this bug report?

> If I logout and log back in as a different user, or switch users, I end up
> with a blank or black screen. CTRL-ALT-F7 brings me back to my own (and
> administrative) profile. No other user profiles work.

Your Xfce session itself is black, or the login screen? In 2007
Xubuntu was using a different login manager (GDM vs LightDM) so I'd be
surprised if these were related.

> Was this bug ever fixed? Is there a solution?

Does your existing bug from 2007 include your hardware info? I have
encountered black screen issue with LightDM from time to time on one
of my laptops, but it's intermittent so I can't easily reproduce it
and all my other systems are fine.

http://www.princessleia.com