[xubuntu-users] Package manager error

Phil phil_lor at bigpond.com
Sat Jan 26 02:40:16 UTC 2013

Thank you for reading this.

An error icon (a red circle with a white bar through the centre) is
showing on the status bar that, when clicked on, pops up a message that
reads, in part:

"An error has occurred. Please run Package manager from the right-click
menu or run apt-get in a terminal to see what is wrong."

Is this a known problem that will be corrected with an update? If not,
how should I correct the error?

I don't know where the right-click menu is and I don't know what options
are required to run apt-get.

Both Software Updater and Ubuntu Software Centre fail.

--
Regards,
Phil