[xubuntu-users] Untrusted certifiacte problems in Xubuntu 12.04 (but not Windows!)

Elizabeth Krumbach lyz at ubuntu.com
Sat Jan 19 04:27:10 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 2:21 PM, MR ZenWiz <mrzenwiz at gmail.com> wrote:
> On my desktop, which is Xubuntu 12.04, I routine ran into "untrusted
> certificate" issues whenever I was trying to access any of the secure
> Google sites, including gmail.  In Chrome, this is fatal because for
> whatever reason, Chrome does not allow the user to override such
> concerns (/they/ know better than the users...).  Firefox (and
> SeaMonkey) however both allow this to be overridden.

Is your version of Google Chrome up to date? When I visit a site with
an untrusted certificate I get a warning and a "Proceed anyway" button
which is actually easier than having to download and add an exception
in Firefox.

And can you inspect the certificate and determine what about it's
saying is untrusted? (certificate authority, date, etc)

FWIW I use Google Chrome in 12.04 on Google sites daily and have never
seen this problem.

--
Elizabeth Krumbach // Lyz // pleia2
http://www.princessleia.com