[xubuntu-users] Does Java security alert affect us?

Joshua O'Leary jmoey139 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 23:06:20 UTC 2013

If you only run java applets from trusted sites, or trusted java programs such as those in the repo, there should be no problem, problems mainly occurs when people blindly run applets on dodgy sites. Ubuntu also uses openjdk which should be slightly safer because it would have more security patches being an open source project.
Joshua