[xubuntu-users] Home network

Phil phil_lor at bigpond.com
Mon Jan 7 20:50:26 UTC 2013

On 07/01/13 20:29, Keith W wrote:

> Normally 10.0.0.1 and 10.0.0.2 are reserved values for the router. Did
> you set these as fixed IP addresses, or did your dhcp server issue them?
> If the latter, something appears wrong, if the former, try allocating
> numbers greater than 2 for both machines.

Thanks for your reply Keith,

The Technicolor gateway has a GUI at 10.0.0.138, which I enter into
Firefox, where the laptop addresses are displayed. It also tells me that
the laptops are active.

I suspect that I'm using the wrong tool to access the laptops I thought
that I'd simply entered the address into Dolphin's address bar but that
doesn't work now so I could easily be mistaken.

Assuming that the assigned addresses are correct, what tool should I use
the access each laptop?

By the way, the gateway's USB port is at 10.0.0.137 and can be accessed
by both laptops, The port is shown under "networks" in both Thunar and
Nautilus.

--
Regards,
Phil