[xubuntu-users] Home network

Phil phil_lor at bigpond.com
Mon Jan 7 10:19:24 UTC 2013

Thank you for reading this.

I have recently installed Xubuntu on an old laptop and I'm really
pleased with it's performance.

I have a Technicolor gateway and two laptops (both using Linux)
connected to it. I have determined that their addresses are 10.0.0.1 and
10.0.0.3.

Both laptops can access the USB port on the gateway but they are not
aware of each other.

I had sorted this out some time ago (using different laptops) but I have
forgotten how I did it. My notes show that I had used sftp://10.0.0.1
and I thought that I had entered that address into the Dolphin file
manager but it's not working now.

I've tried Nautilus with all serve types (it doesn't support sftp) and
the connection either times out or is refused.

Can anyone offer any suggestions?

I've spent quite some time searching the Internet for an answer.

--
Regards,
Phil