[xubuntu-users] Can not login as root

Pasi Lallinaho pasi at shimmerproject.org
Tue Jan 1 14:51:37 UTC 2013

Please note that:

1) If you need to run graphical applications with root privileges, there
is 'gksudo' for that [1]
2) It is highly discouraged to login graphically as root, and if you
can't do something without, it's a bug in the software
3) Enabling the root account will "void your warranty", eg. your system
will be officially unsupported after doing it

To read more about root/sudo in Ubuntu, refer to the Ubuntu wiki
RootSudo page [2].

Also: In the future, please refrain from posting questions or advice on
how to enable the root account to this mailing list.

Yt,
Pasi

[1] https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RootSudo#Graphical_sudo
[2] https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RootSudo