[xubuntu-users] Is there an xubuntu equivalent of lubuntu-core?

n.rautenhaus n.rautenhaus at gmx.de
Mon Feb 11 10:54:57 UTC 2013

Why don't you remove the unwanted packages after installation?
--
Diese Nachricht wurde von meinem Android Mobiltelefon mit GMX Mail gesendet.

Ric Moore <wayward4now at gmail.com> schrieb:

On 02/08/2013 08:08 AM, theuteck at gmail.com wrote:
> On Friday, February 08, 2013 09:40:06 AM Chris Green wrote:
>>>
>>> Do not install
>>>
>>> xubuntu-desktop,
>>>
>>> install just the
>>>
>>> xfce4 ..
>>>
>>> files.
>>>
>>> http://xwinman.org/
>>> (just like fluxbox versus lubuntu ..)
>>
>> Yes, but I need the login screen etc. installed as well don't I? Just
>> installing a window manager will assume that the login is already there.
>
> Then install a login screen as well, apt-get install lightdm (or gdm)
> or login at the command line and type startx :)

If he had first installed gnome, then XFCE will show up as an option to
chose during the regular login. No need to install another login
thingie. That's how I've done it. Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html