[xubuntu-users] login screen after installing xfce

Scott Moore scottbomb at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 9 23:05:37 UTC 2013

> Yes, but I need the login screen etc. installed as well don't I?  Just
> installing a window manager will assume that the login is already there.

> Then install a login screen as well, apt-get install lightdm (or gdm)
> or login at the command line and type startx :)

I've tried this and still couldn't get it to work. I installed ubuntu server
in virtualbox and then installed xubuntu-desktop. I rebooted and it only
went to the standard server shell prompt. I then installed lightdm and
rebooted. Now it came to the GUI login screen but not the one used for
xubuntu but rather the regular ubuntu. I entered my password and it didn't
do anything. I eventually just removed the VM and forgot about it until I
can find a solution that works.

- Scott Moore

Message: 2