[xubuntu-users] Desktop fails to start after login - after 13.04 to 13.10 upgrade

Cody Smith cody.smith9202 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 27 21:20:51 UTC 2013

also, on the subject of making reinstallations easier, a seperate /home
partition goes a long way. as for packages, synaptic has a method of
generating a list of installed packages that can be plugged into synaptic
on the new install so that it can install those packages again one go.
instructions here:
http://askubuntu.com/questions/168352/how-do-i-generate-a-package-download-list

just make sure to save the generated package list somewhere it won't be
lost in the reinstall, such as the /home partition.

--c_smith