[xubuntu-users] Desktop fails to start after login - after 13.04 to 13.10 upgrade

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Fri Dec 27 19:31:56 UTC 2013

On Fri, Dec 27, 2013 at 07:21:54PM +0000, Chris Green wrote:

> >    - While not logged into the GUI desktop, rename the ~/.config/xfce4
> >    directory and then try to log into the desktop. This will result in the
> >    use of default XFCE desktop settings for your account.
>
> OK, I'll try that.

... and now I get a desktop after logging in!  :-)

Thank you, I'll have to recustomise it of course but that's not too much
work, it's not very intricately configured.

Is there any way to work out what broke things - i.e. is there some sort
of xcfe error log that will tell me what I broke?

--
Chris Green