[xubuntu-users] FTTC setup

Neil neilwin at drofle.co.uk
Fri Dec 20 13:48:08 UTC 2013

On 20/12/13 13:32, Elfy wrote:

> When they came to deal with mine - they were chatting to me as I had a
> simple setup, master socket is in the same room as I wanted everything.
>
> What they did say was they are able to deal with that sort of thing up
> to about 10 metres.
>
> So you might, with judicious applications of cuppa's, be able to get
> them to help you out.
>
> Elfy
>
> PS Not normally one to extol the virtues of BT - but on the other hand
> the engineers I've ever had have been more than helpful.

Thanks for the quick reply. It seems then to depend on how the engineer
is feeling on the day.

I have seen various suggestions on Google, but no one seems to mention
having an extension socket already in place. I am assuming that there
would be no need to do any wiring, just swop the sockets around. But
then that may not be the case.

Neil