[xubuntu-users] Citrix Receiver Client on Xubuntu

Wes James comptekki at gmail.com
Mon Dec 9 19:07:45 UTC 2013

On Mon, Dec 9, 2013 at 10:24 AM, Gérald Jean <gerald.jean at videotron.ca>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am running Xubuntu 12.10 on an Asus 64-bit note book.  Runs great, no
> complains!!!
>
> To be able to logon to my employer's servers I installed the Citrix
> Receiver Client 12.1 for Linux.  I followed the instructions here:
>
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/CitrixICAClientHowTo
>
> to install and move the certificates around and it worked fine directly
> from Firefox the first time I used it.
>
> But, it seems there is always a "but", I am French, French Canadian, and I
> work for a French company.  The keyboard is not correctly setted and I
> can't access the Citrix Receiver configuration pannel.
>
> When I installed it in previous versions of Xubuntu, on a different
> computer, I could start the Receiver from the Internet menu and access the
> configuration options from there.  This time, although there is an item in
> the the Intenet menu for the Citrix Receiver, cliking on it won't do
> anything.  I also tried to start it in a terminal, no error, but the
> Receiver won't start???
>
> Anyone has an idea how I could start it and access the configuration menus
> and options of the Receiver???
>
> Thanks for your insights,
>
> Gérald

I have xubuntu 13.10 installed.  In the internet menu I can click on citrix
receiver and then click on Tools menu and then Settings.

I can also access the citrix apps via a web interface.  When I log in to
the web site, there is a Settings gear at the top, can you do that and see
Settings at the top right?

-wes