[xubuntu-users] Citrix Receiver Client on Xubuntu

Gérald Jean gerald.jean at videotron.ca
Mon Dec 9 17:24:46 UTC 2013

Hello,

I am running Xubuntu 12.10 on an Asus 64-bit note book.  Runs great, no
complains!!!

To be able to logon to my employer's servers I installed the Citrix
Receiver Client 12.1 for Linux.  I followed the instructions here:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/CitrixICAClientHowTo

to install and move the certificates around and it worked fine directly
from Firefox the first time I used it.

But, it seems there is always a "but", I am French, French Canadian, and
I work for a French company.  The keyboard is not correctly setted and I
can't access the Citrix Receiver configuration pannel.

When I installed it in previous versions of Xubuntu, on a different
computer, I could start the Receiver from the Internet menu and access
the configuration options from there.  This time, although there is an
item in the the Intenet menu for the Citrix Receiver, cliking on it
won't do anything.  I also tried to start it in a terminal, no error,
but the Receiver won't start???

Anyone has an idea how I could start it and access the configuration
menus and options of the Receiver???

Thanks for your insights,

Gérald