[xubuntu-users] Thunar shows wrong file size

Ali Linx (amjjawad) amjjawad at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 19:20:04 UTC 2013

On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 3:13 AM, Michael Höhne <mih-hoehne at web.de> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a problem with Thunar. I had this problem some moths before and
> got rid of it by renaming my home-folder and creating a new one.
>
> Now the problem is back, and I don't want to do this once more...
>
> Step-by-step:
>
> a) I open two directories with thunar (source / Target)
>
> b) There is an ISO-file in the source directory (size: 4 GB)
>
> c) When I copy this file into the target directory a filesize of about
> 63 MB is shown after about 1 second.
>
> d) This size is not be updated while the file is copied. Even when the
> copy is ready this size is still shown. Also pressing the update-button
> has no effect.
>
> d) Only after switching to another directory and switching back, the
> size is updated to the real size of 4 GB.
>
> When I copy more than one file, the size of every file is updated to
> the correct size, when the next file is in progress. It's always the
> last file which size is shown wrong.
>

> Has anybody any clue to fix this? My google-searches were not succesful.
>
> Regards,
> Michael

Hi,

I am not too sure that I did understand what you were trying to explain but
are you having problems to check the file size that you are copying locally
on your machine while the copy in progress? after the copy is done? I am
not really sure what you mean here!

What I understood is the file manager is not being refreshed so that you
can't check the size of the file which you are copying unless the process
is done and you go to different folder and come back, correct?

It could be a bug but maybe someone else could confirm that or maybe
someone else did understand this better than me :)

Best Regards,