[xubuntu-users] Thunar shows wrong file size

Michael Höhne mih-hoehne at web.de
Sun Dec 1 23:13:42 UTC 2013

Hello,

I have a problem with Thunar. I had this problem some moths before and
got rid of it by renaming my home-folder and creating a new one.

Now the problem is back, and I don't want to do this once more...

Step-by-step:

a) I open two directories with thunar (source / Target)

b) There is an ISO-file in the source directory (size: 4 GB)

c) When I copy this file into the target directory a filesize of about
63 MB is shown after about 1 second.

d) This size is not be updated while the file is copied. Even when the
copy is ready this size is still shown. Also pressing the update-button
has no effect.

d) Only after switching to another directory and switching back, the
size is updated to the real size of 4 GB.

When I copy more than one file, the size of every file is updated to
the correct size, when the next file is in progress. It's always the
last file which size is shown wrong.

Has anybody any clue to fix this? My google-searches were not succesful.

Regards,
Michael

--
    ____