[xubuntu-users] Chrome Why?

James Freer jessejazza3.uk at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 03:10:51 UTC 2013

On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 12:57 AM, chris <chevhq at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 27/08/13 10:32, Tyler Longren wrote:
>>
>> This list needs some mods. This has no relevance to xubuntu specifically,
>> I'm not here to listen to this drivel. Mods, please suggest that people stay
>> on topic. Or, if I'm being too picky, let me know, and I'll just find
>> another xubuntu list that's actually on-topic.
>>
>> --
>
> Yes it has for those who are using the default web browser, Firefox,
>
> the biggest issue on this list is those who despite the code of conduct
> continue to top post.

Thing is... most folk in private email will top post. Interfaces like
gmail's web mail (Blackberry phones etc) are set up for it and it is
established habit. Any linux group I bottom post - but I do top post
the rest of the time... opposite to a linux group as other posters
will always top post and it's not worth replying bottom posting. There
are several linux groups who top post as it is easier for moderators
to check.

Like you I much prefer bottom posting but top posting is established
and I don't think things will change tbh. Lots of things we'd like to
change in the world but converting folk to bottom posting universally
I don't think will ever happen.

james