[xubuntu-users] Chrome Why?

Pasi Lallinaho pasi at shimmerproject.org
Tue Aug 27 20:35:07 UTC 2013

On 27/08/13 23:17, Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 3:32 PM, Tyler Longren <tlongren at gmail.com> wrote:
>> This list needs some mods. This has no relevance to xubuntu specifically,
>> I'm not here to listen to this drivel. Mods, please suggest that people stay
>> on topic. Or, if I'm being too picky, let me know, and I'll just find
>> another xubuntu list that's actually on-topic.
> "This list is for support questions and user discussions about the
> Xubuntu distribution. "
>
> I think this ongoing topic is relevant to features of Ubuntu and
> Xubuntu, as both are maintained by Ubuntu developers rather than just
> inherited from Debian.  It comes from Ubuntu, and that's what this
> list is about.

Please see my previous message [1] for an official comment from the
moderation team.

If you have the urge to discuss what is appropriate to the list and what
not, please send mail to the list admins [2] directly.

I appreciate that Xubuntu users might very well be interested in
security concerns in applications that are on the Ubuntu repositories,
but there are other places where it's more appropriate to discuss those.

However, after talking with other moderators, I would advise to stop
replying to this thread as there has been barely no messages to warrant
continuing the discussion further.

Please consider this as the last notice before actions are to be taken
with people who send comments that are not constructive and do not add
anything to the discussion, including links to Xkcd.

Cheers,
Pasi

[1] https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xubuntu-users/2013-August/005808.html
[2] xubuntu-users-owner at lists.ubuntu.com