[xubuntu-users] Chrome Why?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Tue Aug 27 20:28:55 UTC 2013

On Tue, 2013-08-27 at 13:17 -0700, Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 3:32 PM, Tyler Longren <tlongren at gmail.com> wrote:
> > This list needs some mods. This has no relevance to xubuntu specifically,
> > I'm not here to listen to this drivel. Mods, please suggest that people stay
> > on topic. Or, if I'm being too picky, let me know, and I'll just find
> > another xubuntu list that's actually on-topic.

> "This list is for support questions and user discussions about the
> Xubuntu distribution. "
>
> I think this ongoing topic is relevant to features of Ubuntu and
> Xubuntu, as both are maintained by Ubuntu developers rather than just
> inherited from Debian.  It comes from Ubuntu, and that's what this
> list is about.

I now agree that it isn't OT and that my replies were ok, I confused
this list with the Xfce list I'm subscribed too, since I'm using
different distros.

I like to capture this thread, since I agree that Chrome isn't the best
choice regarding to FLOSS "philosophy", however live isn't just black
and white.

What do others from this list prefer to be able to watch all videos? My
approach usually is, that if it doesn't use free codecs, I don't watch
the video, so I didn't install flashplayer anymore, but then I decided
to "test" chrome and kept it "just in case".

Regards,
Ralf