[xubuntu-users] Google Chrome & PDF viewing, etc.

Sébastien ml at terranean.eu
Fri Aug 23 10:08:51 UTC 2013

Le 2013-08-22 à 08:40, Darren Govoni a écrit:
>    Maybe this isn't the group to ask, but I notice that the Google
> chrome installed by Xubuntu/Ubuntu lacks any kind of PDF viewing
> capability. Mine just downloads. Chrome is supposed to have PDF
> viewing built in. Also, I couldn't find any adobe reader plugins in
> the repo like in versions past.

The only things I can think of is that it's maybe not enabled:
chrome://plugins/
If for some reason it's greyed out, click on "Enable".

If however you are talking about Chromium (which doesn't have Chrome's
builtin PDF viewer) and have both installed, you can just symlink the
library to Chromium's directory:
$ sudo ln -s /opt/google/chrome/libpdf.so /usr/lib/chromium-browser/

...or copy it if you wish to uninstall Chrome afterwards:
$ sudo cp /opt/google/chrome/libpdf.so /usr/lib/chromium-browser/

If it's really about Chrome, make sure libpdf.so is really at this
location.

--
Sébastien