[xubuntu-users] Google Chrome & PDF viewing, etc.

Wes James comptekki at gmail.com
Thu Aug 22 23:11:21 UTC 2013

Use this to download chrome:

https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/?hl=en&brand=CHMA&utm_campaign=en&utm_source=en-ha-na-us-sk&utm_medium=ha&utm_term=chrome

install it (double click on it....)  (have installed it that way) and I
haven't had any issues with it.  It also gets updated with other xubuntu
updates...

For mem  I've left firefox a long time ago.  (pc, mac, linux).   It keeps
getting slower and the interface is really kludgey on PCs (but can be
configured it you want for it to work more as you might like.)   Chrome has
it's own update for flash (one less security hole to have to manage on
student labs and one less thing to tell faculty/staff/students to PLEASE
update) and has a built in click to play I have selected for plugins.  Also
use adblock and lastpass and they work great on chrome (adblock plus and
lastpass for firefox)

I used firefox all the time until 4 came out - it's gotten slower and the
interface is not helpful.

just my $0.02 from my experience.

Have a great day.

-wes