[xubuntu-users] Sharing a printer

Neil Winchurst neilwin at drofle.co.uk
Sat Aug 10 16:08:29 UTC 2013

On 09/08/13 23:47, Paul Cartwright wrote:
> On 08/09/2013 04:37 PM, Bill wrote:
>>
>> I am not clear if you are asking me or Neil, Paul, but if you are
>> asking me, then "yes".
> I was asking Neil.. just giving you credit for mentioning the CUPS website:)

I have given up for the time being. I will come back to it later. One
possibility is the different versions of CUPS. Xubuntu 12,04 has CUPS
version 1.5.3 whereas Xubuntu 13.04 uses CUPS 1.5.6. I don't know if
that is relevant.

Anyway, at the moment the laptop sees the printer but reports it as
being disconnected. I will research some more and see what I can find
out. Meanwhile, thanks to you all for the help so far.

Neil