[xubuntu-users] Sharing a printer

Bill hb.cog.jil at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 20:37:13 UTC 2013

On 08/09/2013 02:46 PM, Paul Cartwright wrote:
> On 08/09/2013 12:06 PM, Neil Winchurst wrote:
>> I have a desktop running Xubuntu 12.04. My HP printer is attached via
>> a USB cable. I also have a laptop running Xubuntu 13.04. I have been
>> going mad trying to get the laptop to find/work with the printer.
>>
>> No matter what I try the printer is not found by the laptop. The
>> printer works fine from the desk top computer. What I do at the moment
>> is send myself an email from the laptop with the document as an
>> attachment. Then I can open and print the attached document from the
>> desk top computer. There must be an easier way??
>   what Bill said, did you use the CUPS interface in a browser window:
>
> http://localhost:631/admin
>
> and is the box checked  below the Server Settings: Advanced section for:
>
> Share printers connected to this system
>
> --
> Paul Cartwright

I am not clear if you are asking me or Neil, Paul, but if you are asking
me, then "yes".

Perhaps I should have noted in my original response to Neil that this
configuration is on my laptop (the addresses on my system are laptop:
192.168.2.3; desktop: 192.168.2.2; modem/router: 192.168.2.1).

--
Regards,
Bill