[xubuntu-users] Sharing a printer

Neil Winchurst neilwin at drofle.co.uk
Fri Aug 9 16:06:53 UTC 2013

I used to be able to share my printer in the past, but my current setup
has me baffled.

I have a desktop running Xubuntu 12.04. My HP printer is attached via a
USB cable. I also have a laptop running Xubuntu 13.04. I have been going
mad trying to get the laptop to find/work with the printer.

No matter what I try the printer is not found by the laptop. The printer
works fine from the desk top computer. What I do at the moment is send
myself an email from the laptop with the document as an attachment. Then
I can open and print the attached document from the desk top computer.
There must be an easier way??

Any help to point me in the right direction gratefully received. I do
have sharing enabled on both.

Neil