[xubuntu-users] Thunar in 13.04 is a bad step backwards

ZP zukeprime at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 02:22:14 UTC 2013

On 08/08/2013 07:59 PM, Albert Wagner wrote:
> I just installed Xubuntu 13.04 (alongside 12.04) and the changes to
> Thunar make 13.04 a showstopper:
> 1)  What happened to the tree boxes that allowed walkback through the
> tree.  That was WAY better than the arrows in 13.04.
> 2) Where are all of the icons?  I have no icons for dirs or files.
> 3) Hidden files are not marked with leading ".".

Hey Albert, I've not noticed the issues you described.  Have you
added/enabled the xubuntu-dev/xfce4.10 ppa?  I normally do, so that may
be the difference.

link: https://launchpad.net/~xubuntu-dev/+archive/xfce-4.10
<https://launchpad.net/%7Exubuntu-dev/+archive/xfce-4.10>

I've noticed the old "launch delay with double Thunar on startup" issue
has crept back in on a recent update though.

ZP