[xubuntu-users] Occasional hang

MR ZenWiz mrzenwiz at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 06:38:10 UTC 2013

I'm running 12.04 and every so often, a total of four times now since
about two or three kernel updates back, my system will get stuck in
xscreensaver and just hang.  It could be (probably is) since the last
update to xorg.

There are a ton of errors in my .xsession-errors.old file, but I'm not
sure wha they all are - lots are GNOME and NVidia errors I don't
exactly understand, but I can google them.

When the system hangs, it does just that - no keyboard input, no mouse
response, even the num lock stays on when I type it to go off and the
caps lock is likewise dead (off).

What should I be looking at/for?

Thanks.

MR