[xubuntu-users] networking

Bill hb.cog.jil at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 14:06:33 UTC 2013

On 04/02/2013 09:13 AM, Juan V. wrote:
> In case that this "client isolation" feature is active, you should only
> look at your router's settings. It should probably be under the
> "wireless" or "security" sections.
>
> By the way, have you tried to connect the laptop via ethernet and
> disable the wireless? Maybe we can narrow the problem to the wireless
> interface...
>
> BR,
> Juan
>

>  >
>  > On 04/02/2013 02:53 AM, Juan V. wrote:
>  > > Hi,
>  > >
>  > > Some routers have a "client isolation" feature that prevents computers
>  > > from connecting to each other, at least for wireless ones. Maybe it has
>  > > been activated after you rebooted your router?
>  > >
>  > > BR,
>  > > Juan
>  >
>  > They are clearly isolated, so my need is to identify this feature or
>  > setting on one or more of the three network components.
>  >
>  > --
>  > Regards,
>  > Bill

Wireless is working. I.e., I can ping the router and connect to the
internet. So far as I know, the only settings on the router which could
prevent connection to other network computers would isolate the computer
from the router.

With both computers connected by eth0, both computers connect to the
internet and to one another. With the wireless connection, both
computers connect to the internet but not to one another.

This would seem to confirm what you suggest, but I can find no settings
on the router which give me a clue as to what might be isolating the
wireless computer.

Thanks.

--
Regards,