[xubuntu-users] Well do-release-upgrade mostly worked. But something called default keyring is in my way!

Joe(theWordy)Philbrook jtwdyp at ttlc.net
Wed Sep 26 03:17:20 UTC 2012

It would appear that on Sep 25, Joe(theWordy)Philbrook did say:

> 3) Sounds like they really streamlined the user side of the process. I mean
>    unless I'm still supposed to manually edit the sources to point at the
>    "precise" repositories.
>
> Which reminds me I'd better check to see if http://packages.enlightenment.org/ubuntu
> even has a "precise" version yet...
>
> If it does, then since I just used my laptops antiX installation to make a
> Lucid.tgz backup of the Xubuntu partition, then I'll likely wing it and
> give do-release-upgrade a try...

Well actually it looks like http://packages.enlightenment.org/ubuntu is not
updated for precise... But I found several sites with basically the same
simple instructions based on:

sudo apt-add-repository ppa:hannes-janetzek/enlightenment-svn

And I might just do that eventually... But for now it seems the old e17 is
still functional {albeit outdated} And I have bigger fish to fry.

When I booted my new precise system, I wasn't sure if e17 would work. So I
selected the session type "xubuntu" which started, but informed me that I
needed to choose if I wanted to (I think it said import my old configuration settings)
the other choices sounded like I'd need to rebuild ALL my keyboard shortcuts
etc... I didn't want that so I tried to "import"

At that point it wanted the password for something called a default
keyring... Which password I never had the opportunity to set. And it didn't
accept my root password nor my own user password which I tried just in case my
sudoer default of targetpw had been lost in the upgrade...

reboot so I could try e17 instead... {Thank God that still works.}

What is this default keyring, and how the {expletive deleted} do I set it's password???