[xubuntu-users] orca and xfce

Elfy ub.untu at btinternet.com
Fri Sep 21 05:53:13 UTC 2012

On 20/09/12 20:13, James Freer wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Sep 2012, Jonathan Nadeau wrote:
>
>> Hello list,
>>
>> Thansk for all of your help and suggestions. Here is my last problem.
>> I have all of xfce accessible except for two programs. The two
>> programs are Firefox and Thunderbird. When I go to the menu and open
>> these programs they open but Orca doesn't read the programs like they
>> normally do. I thought maybe the problem was that this version of
>> programs for some reason weren't accessible. So right now I'm running
>> xubuntu 12.10 and I installed the gnome desktop where both of these
>> programs are accessible normally. I logged out and logg into Gnome
>> and Firefox and Thunderbird were accessible. Then I logged out of
>> Gnome and back into xfce and they both weren't accessible again.Does
>> anyone have any ideas of why this could be happening?
>
> Are you running 12.10?
>
> That to be released in October so you're trying to run a beta version
> of xubuntu not yet released! Use 12.04 until 12.10 is released - once
> released problems are sorted out.
Wouldn't it be better to report bugs early - they might stand a chance
of being fixed prior to release.

> You say your logging into gnome? why

Seems pretty straight forward to me - the OP tried these apps he has an
issue with in Gnome to check they were working, logged out and back into
Xubuntu - not working there.

> I have been using xubuntu for two years [used ubuntu 6.10 to 9.10] and
> have to say i have found xubuntu very reliable and have only come
> across two known bugs in that time.

I've only been using Xubuntu for 2 years - Ubuntu before that and have
to say that while I have found Xubuntu very reliabel - I've come across
more than two bugs ...

> james

elfy