[xubuntu-users] Ldap root

Carsten Laun-De Lellis carsten.delellis at delellis.net
Thu Sep 20 05:01:02 UTC 2012

Hi all

Maybe the question I have is a stupid one, but I don’t have a clue how to
set another domain as the root than the one derived from my hostname.
Changing the hostname isn’t really an option because it’s a virtual server
with an ISP.

I am using Ubuntu 11.04 LTS.

I have read so many How-Tos and Manuals but didn’t find the answer yes.

What I want to do for example:

My hostname was S000001.delellis.de and I want to create a ldap root with
dc=delellis,dc=com.

Whenever I install slapd it creates a root dc=delellis,dc=de. And I have no
idea how to change that.

I would appreciate any help.

Regards,

Mit freundlichem Gruß

Carsten Laun-De Lellis

Dipl.-Ing. Elektrotechnik

Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)

Hauptstrasse 13

D-67705 Trippstadt

Phone:   +49 (6306) 992140

Mobile:  +49 (151) 27530865