[xubuntu-users] .goutputstream-APN9XA -- what's this seems to be generated each day

dg1727 dg1727 at hushmail.com
Wed Sep 12 16:47:42 UTC 2012

On Wed, 12 Sep 2012 11:59:34 -0400 dg1727 <dg1727 at hushmail.com>
wrote:
>On Wed, 12 Sep 2012 05:58:55 -0400 Andy Proctor
><xubuntu.list at gpshelp.co.uk> wrote:
>>On 11/09/12 21:40, James Freer wrote:
>>> [xubuntu 12.04]
>>>
>>> I'd be grateful if someone could advise what the above file is -
>>> seems to be generated each day in root 0 bytes. Never had this
>>> in previous releases.
>>>
>>I use xubuntu/xfce of course not gnome but still get them so
>>suspect an application is using the library and not cleaning up
>>properly. Should be safe to delete them "rm ~/.goutputstream-*"
>>as I have seen no negative effects of doing this. The delete
>>command could also be put into the login script to do this
>>automatically if you want.
>
>Specifically, Dennis Baurichter wrote in the bug report (URL is
>below) on 2012-08-28:
>
>> Just put this command into autorun (in system menu top left on
>> screen):

In that menu in XFCE (Applications Menu), the place to add the
command is Settings > Settings Manager > Session and Startup >
Application Autostart tab.  I have set the Description to something
like:
Workaround for Launchpad.net issue 984785
... to remind me what this autostart item does, and so I can find
it and remove it once the issue is fixed.

>> sh -c "rm ~/.goutputstream-*"
>
>(Obviously, leave out the ">" that was used for quoting in this
>message.)
>
>>There is a bug report
>
>The bug report is https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/984785

-dg1727