[xubuntu-users] DVD burner not loading new discs

mischa falkenburg because_productions at myfairpoint.net
Sat Sep 1 23:35:42 UTC 2012

On 09/01/2012 07:07 PM, bob wrote:

> On Sat, 01 Sep 2012 16:58:41 -0400
> mischa falkenburg <because_productions at myfairpoint.net> wrote:

>>> I'm sure you're right about k3b... it's my reserve for Brasero and
>>> Xfburn. They do seem to have their 'dips'.
>>>
>>> james
>>>
>> Are you ALL telling me that the problem is BECAUSE of the software, and
>> NOT the hardware?
>>
>> M.
> Well, this again my be a dumb answer, but as nobody offered an easy way to test the hardware without trying other software, the suggestion seems to be to try other software to see if your hardware works with that.  If it works with Brasero, for example, you have a pretty good idea the problem isn't the hardware.

Whether I would use Brasero or something else is not to the point.

The OS used to at least be able to load a blank disc and show it to me
on the Desktop...that is not happening now. WHY(?) has been my question
from the beginning. Is there some line in the code that I may have
"messed up" somehow? How can I find out what the default settings are
for Xubuntu and the dvd to "play nice"?

M.