[xubuntu-users] DVD burner not loading new discs

James Freer jessejazza3.uk at gmail.com
Sat Sep 1 22:47:41 UTC 2012

Ric

> Just checked and to install k3b it drags in nepomuk. Sorry, won't have that.
> You don't need to reference/catalog/database the entire install on your
> machine to burn a simple CD/DVD. It also drags in phonon, and I already have
> alsa and pulse installed, so I hate when they do that, adding another sound
> server to the pile. I have no clue why they just can't use pulse and not
> re-invent the wheel. Scruum. Ric

I've just had a look too - i've only recently installed 12.04. It would seem
that k3b has changed quite a lot... i don't want nepomuk either. So should there
be a problem with Brasero and/or Xfburn again it would seem the CLI ones need to
be used - cdw, cdrskin, burn and xorriso. There the only ones i can find so i'll
have to have an experiment.

james