[xubuntu-users] Version 12.10 and VBox

Neil Winchurst neilwin at drofle.co.uk
Sun Oct 21 15:29:06 UTC 2012

On 21/10/12 15:59, Mike Kupfer wrote:
> Neil Winchurst wrote:
>
>> I installed 12.10 (in VBox) without any problems. Then I installed the
>> GA's as normal and restarted. One thing I like the most about having the
>> GA's installed is that I get a full screen view. But this time I found
>> that under the View menu the 'Auto-Resize the Guest Display' option was
>> greyed out.
>
> What version of VirtualBox are you running?  I saw the same thing with
> VirtualBox 4.1.22.  This morning I upgraded to VirtualBox 4.2.2, and now
> the X integration (including auto-resize) works.
>
> Note that I'm getting VirtualBox directly from virtualbox.org, not
> through the (X)ubuntu package repositories.
>
> mike

I have version 4.1.22. However I do get VBox to appear as one of my
normal upgrades so I am surprised that I am not up to date. But note
that all my other distros[1] in VBox are working properly with the GA's
including auto-resize. Only Xubuntu 12.10 is failing. I have just
downloaded Kubuntu 12.10 so let's see if that one is OK.

Neil

[1] Kubuntu12.04, Xubuntu12.04, Mint 13 KDE, Mint 13 Xfce.