[xubuntu-users] Version 12.10 and VBox

Mike Kupfer m.kupfer at acm.org
Sun Oct 21 14:59:05 UTC 2012

Neil Winchurst wrote:

> I installed 12.10 (in VBox) without any problems. Then I installed the
> GA's as normal and restarted. One thing I like the most about having the
> GA's installed is that I get a full screen view. But this time I found
> that under the View menu the 'Auto-Resize the Guest Display' option was
> greyed out.

What version of VirtualBox are you running?  I saw the same thing with
VirtualBox 4.1.22.  This morning I upgraded to VirtualBox 4.2.2, and now
the X integration (including auto-resize) works.

Note that I'm getting VirtualBox directly from virtualbox.org, not
through the (X)ubuntu package repositories.

mike