[xubuntu-users] Problem After App Upgrade

Paul Donlan padlan1 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 6 00:02:21 UTC 2012

One one of my two laptops which runs Xubuntu 12.04, after upgrading the
latest applications, I got this message:

Failed to load the package list
This is a serious problem. Try again later. If this problem appears again,
please report an error to the developers.
E:Encountered a section with no Package: header, E:Problem with MergeList
/var/lib/apt/lists/us.archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_precise_universe_binary-i386_Packages,
E:The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.
--
Paul