[xubuntu-users] Distro switch ubuntu->xubuntu; apache not listening....

Kevin O'Gorman kogorman at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 05:29:28 UTC 2012

When I boot this machine into ubuntu 11.04, the apache server works for me.
I've installed Xubuntu 12.04.1, and am trying to get its apache server
to do the same.  I thought I copied all the config stuff, and
rebooted.
However, this setup does not have a user 'apache' like the old one
does.  I configured apache to run as that user.  I'm not sure what
user xubuntu expects apache to run as.

Should I just create user and group 'apache"??  It seems too easy.

--
Kevin O'Gorman