[xubuntu-users] Jumping LTS

Dan 'Da Man' heymrdjd at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 02:21:43 UTC 2012

Just because yabasic and bluej are not in the repos doesn't mean that you
can no longer use those applications.  Go to the respective websites and
download the applications. Yabasic has a rpm file and source code available
on its website.  If you're not comfortable compiling applications from
source (there are instructions for compiling yabasic on its website) you
could install alien, which converts rpm files into deb files for easier
less interactive installation, but compiling from source would be the
better route.  As for bluej, its website offers a deb file that Ubuntu
Software Center can handle nicely.