[xubuntu-users] update-manager not on any of the menus and can't be put there?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sat Nov 24 18:49:46 UTC 2012

On Sat, 2012-11-24 at 08:53 -0800, Knute Johnson wrote:
> On 11/23/2012 01:36 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> >> Agree, I've tried what you said and have the same problem.
> >>
> >> Andy
> >
> > Delete ~/.cache, I couldn't change fonts and e.g. even after editing
> > Evolution's config I couldn't change anything, because Evolution and
> > e.g. the appearance settings were used from the cache, even after
> > rebooting.
> > After deleting the cache, until now everything is ok.
> >
> > Hth,
> > Ralf
>
> That didn't work.  Do you need to be root to change menus?

No, this can be done with user privileges.

I did edit my menu with Alacarte (the app for "Main Menu") and I
experienced that I couldn't edit all entries as wanted. I couldn't
uncheck some, but delete them, I also couldn't add some apps that I
deleted some time before to the same menu were they were before, instead
I had to put them to the sub menu "Other", deleting the cache indeed
didn't help.

:(