[xubuntu-users] update-manager not on any of the menus and can't be put there?

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 14:07:11 UTC 2012

On Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 11:45 PM, Knute Johnson <ubuntu at knutejohnson.com>wrote:

> If I go into the Settings Manager, select Main Menu, select a submenu (in
> this case System) and then attempt to enable the Software Updater (which is
> update-manager) program on any of the menus it disables itself in a few
> seconds.  I hit the checkbox next to update-manager and a few seconds later
> it un-checks.  Anybody know what I'm doing wrong?

I don't think yo are doing anything wrong: I did a clean install of
XUbuntu12.10 and appear to have the same problem !

Actually it doesn't appear to have anything to do with the update-manager
itself, as I tried enabling other items in the system menu and they too
disable themselves a second after I check their boxes !

Definitely a good case for a bug report IMHO ! :-/

--
Vince