[xubuntu-users] Raring Testing

Elfy ub.untu at btinternet.com
Wed Nov 21 11:21:31 UTC 2012

Testing for the next release will be different than it has been
previously, the biggest change being that there will be no Alpha's in
the same sense as we used to have.

There will be 2 Beta's to test as and when they arrive later in the cycle.

As there are no 'Alpha's' this time - we will obviously still need
things testing, but this will be as and when they are called for -
examples being menulibre, display dialog, gtk color chooser.

When these 'social alpha' or cadence testing needs turn up we will post
to the mailing list with as much notice as we can give.

In the meantime regular testing of the dailies is the priority, we would
like people to test dailies as and when they can do so, the testing
tracker is still functional [1] and results still need to be put against
tests there please.

The general release schedule shows the expected release date for Raring
[2], however we have control over our schedule and can change dates to
suit us if it is needed.

There is a blueprint for testing related items if you are interested in
what we are looking at currently [3]

As always, people are often available on the IRC channel, if you have an
IRC client then join it at #xubuntu-devel on the freenode network. If
you want to use a webbrowser to connect you can do so at
http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=xubuntu-devel

Finally, if you have any questions or thoughts about testing methods or
ways to enhance the testing experience please do talk to us.

Thanks

Elfy

1. http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/243/builds
2. https://wiki.ubuntu.com/RaringRingtail/ReleaseSchedule