[xubuntu-users] Desktop starter does not take working-directory

Daniel Behr daniel.behr at hzg.de
Wed Nov 21 10:27:18 UTC 2012

Dear List,

The problem occurs on Xubuntu 12.10, when you create a starter and add a
path for working directory.
using the starter from the desktop calls a python script but the script
is not executed because of missing ini file which resides in the working
directory given in the starter.

surprisingly, when you copy that starter to the desktops upper toolbar,
the application starts as expected.

Is this expected behaviour or am I missing something?

thanks
Daniel

Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht
Zentrum für Material- und Küstenforschung GmbH
Max-Planck-Straße 1 I 21502 Geesthacht I Deutschland/Germany

Geschäftsführer/Board of Management: Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Kaysser, Dipl.-Ing. Michael Ganß
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates/Chairman of the Supervisory Board: MinDirig Wilfried Kraus
Amtsgericht Lübeck HRB 285 GE (Register Court)
Internet: http://www.hzg.de