[xubuntu-users] New Installation

Neil Winchurst neilwin at drofle.co.uk
Tue Nov 20 17:19:30 UTC 2012

On 20/11/12 17:12, Vincent Trouilliez wrote:
>     Well, I have now installed Xubuntu 12.04 which I am still sorting
>     out. So far so good, but that is what I thought when I installed
>     Maya last week.
>
>     I am still struggling to get the panel at the bottom of the screen,
>     having already removed panel 2. Can anyone remind me how to do it
>     please?
>

> Just launch the settings manager  and pick the "Panel" item, then you
> can just clikc the "+" button to add a new panel and locate it wherever
> you like.

Sorry, I am not explaining myself very well. When I first started up
there were two panels set up. One, what I call the main one, at the top
of the screen and panel 2 at the bottom. I am trying to do what I did
when I installed this same distro on my daughter's laptop.

I have removed panel two, so now there is no panel at the bottom of the
desktop. I am now trying to drag the remaining panel from the top of the
screen to the bottom which is where I like to see it. I was able to to
this easily for my daughter but here on my desktop I can't get it to move.

Neil