[xubuntu-users] USB drives automount issue on 12.04

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 21:17:23 UTC 2012

On 11/17/2012 03:02 AM, L.M.J wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   The past weeks, I haven't updated my system. Yesterday, I decided to do a
>   major "update" and then reboot like the system asked me. The whole process
>   went fine.
>   Problem : after the reboot, xUbuntu doesn't mount automatically my USB Pen
>   anymore. Here is a couple of answer you should need if you could help me out :
>    - Can I mount it by myself with "sudo mount /dev/sdb1 .." : Yes
Before the upgrade you had a device allotted/named for that pen drive.
When you upgraded the system added a second device for the pen drive
after it noted the original. Same thing occurred to me over a cd drive,
where it was /dev/cdrom and after /dev/cdrom1

For the life of me I do not recall what file I had to edit to rid the
reference to /dev/cdrom1 to reset back to /dev/cdrom, but I found it via
a bunch of googling. I'm guessing your problem might be similar. But,
once I repaired it, I got my notifications back. Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html