[xubuntu-users] Contemplating upgrading hardware

bob bob.currie at bulkley.net
Thu May 31 14:52:55 UTC 2012

On Thu, 31 May 2012 18:19:09 +0800 (SGT)
alex ong <alexong2005 at yahoo.com.sg> wrote:

> I am contemplating upgrading my hardware before trying out 11.10 then upgrade to 12.04 later. I have two choice both second had hardware from our hardware market.
>
> Choice 1 :  P4  3.0GHz 2GB memory
>
> Choice 2 :  Core2dual,  2.8GHZ 2GB memory
>
> I am not too sure whether 11.10 or 12.04 has all the drivers in its iso. Can anyone enlighten me on this? Much appreciated.
>
> Retired IT professional

Certainly either processor should be sufficient to run Xubuntu 12.04 and 2 GB of RAM is plenty for most use.

Not knowing the other specs (particularly video card and, if wireless is needed the wireless chipset) it's impossible to venture a reasonable guess whether the drivers will be available.  As mentioned by another commenter, the details aren't specific enough to be able to tell.