[xubuntu-users] slow right click menu

TOM TOM thomasthoma at gmail.com
Sun May 27 07:50:59 UTC 2012

On Sun, May 27, 2012 at 7:35 AM, Steve Grace <sgrace at pobox.com> wrote:

> On 05/26/2012 03:50 PM, TOM TOM wrote:
>
>> fresh install of Xubuntu 12.04 and  when I right click on the desktop
>> the menu takes 1 second to show up.
>>
>> If I deselect  the option to show the "applications menu" however
>> the menu opens up instantly.
>>
>> Anybody else noticed this? I thought it was a problem solved long ago.
>>

> I see a delay the *first* time during a session that I right-click on the
> desktop. After that, the menu is faster (it's probably cached).

Thanks everyone for the confirmation.
I haven't noticed any instability after deselecting the option to display
"app menu", just missing functionality obviously.
Most importantly it's the slowness that's bothering me.

I filed a bug here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xfdesktop4/+bug/1005087
Back me up guys! Thanks.