[xubuntu-users] Natty gone weird

Kevin O'Gorman kogorman at gmail.com
Thu May 24 09:23:45 UTC 2012

I installed xubuntu-desktop on my Natty system a month or more ago,
and I've been exploring it fairly happily until today, when I did a
reboot.

My workspace switcher no longer has more than 1 workspace, even though
I set it to have 8.  The number 8 shows up, but no corresponding
workspaces.  I've deleted it from the panel and started a new one, to
no avail.

My applications start up with no window decorations: maximize,
minimize or goaway.  I can resize a window from the bottom right only,
but I'm unable to move the window.

When I go back to a Ubuntu session all seems normal.

What did I do wrong?

--
Kevin O'Gorman, PhD